Tuesday May 20th
On the the eighth day he made AKIHABARA.
And it was good.
Akihabara where good people go to see, smell and buy all types of new, used computer goods, electronics of all shapes and sizes, figurines, games, and all things popular culture in Japan.
You can walk around by day and visit many used PC part stores that stock everything from the original Macs to laptop keyboards for all your retro needs. Electronic stores that give you cables with every connection possible, Security stores with cameras and alarms. If it is electronic you will find it here.
| The river that runs behind the district. |
| For all you BSCers I think I found the first building. DUH DUH DUUUUUH. |
| One cool looking dude |
| One of the many hidden streets catering to all your electronic and entertainment needs |
| A store with old radios and scanners that I couldn't understand |
| A man standing proud with his longboard. |
| The security camera store |
| Lathes. Just Lathes. Rowen? |
| All you gamer nerds. I found it….in Japanese! |
I then went into one of the many arcades that are seemingly from the future. And the future is bright.
I witnessed many an amazing feat. See this and sit/stand in awe! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN_VR9euI5Q&feature=youtu.be
| A real time strategy card trading game. something I have never seen before. He places cards on the mat in front of him to decide when and where his units will come out. |
| The same as the game above but in football form. |
| A third person shooter rivaling most free to plays on the market in the UK. |
| The in game game. |
| So much customization!!! |
| An inter arcade game that is always running. A gun dam fighting battle that in played between the twenty or so machines in the basement. |
| Tiny origami while at coffee store using WiFi to make long distance calls |
| Cutie Pie |
Wednesday the 21st. A day never to forget. Day nine, in which the gang go to a photography museum and a beer museum and a birthday. A good day all round.
| An office building in Ebisu |
I went the to Yebisu museum. Yebisu are a beer company from turn of the century in Japan. It is a fascinating free gallery with an optional paid beer tasting tour (which I did not partake in, It was all in Japanese).
Great story of how their company brought a new drink into the country. BEER!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapporo_Brewery
| A picture of the original brewery with one of the first bottle designs |
| The original Bottle design |
| The beer king of Asia |
| The Yebisu Beer Hall of Ginza |
| The Export |
| Some righteous gentlemen enjoying a beer on the porch |
| Yebisu was dissolved during WWII and these are some beer bottles with out any branding from that time. |
| A chimney top for the original brewery in the design of a helmet. |
| I found a kick ass vintage guitar store on my journeys |
| One of the few art galleries I have found so far in Tokyo The site http://holme.me |
| A store for all your confusing analog electronic music devices. |
| This vet is well guarded |
| Delicious food |
| Happy Birthday Erin!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment