Saturday, June 28, 2014

New Zealand

Wellington


The Wellington Waterfront

The Wellington Airport


Wellington proper

The Observatory 

Wellington Botanical Gardens 


Wellington Botanical Gardens 

Wellington Botanical Gardens 






More Wellington from Mt Victoria

My hiking buddy Tina at the top of Mt Victoria


The mighty Weta Workshops. I was unfortunately not able to take photos in the workshop but I was in the shop/gallery















Christchurch
The flight over the water to Christchurch







One of the many pieces of art that has gone up around the city since the earthquake

The cathedral at the centre of the city


One of many buildings that is still in disrepair 



Christchurch Botanical Gardens 





The famous Paua shell house now located in the Christchurch Museum






New Brighton Pier 


Queenstown

The view from my Couchsurfing host's house. It was the best view to wake to....

The fine gentleman who founded Queenstown






I start my hike up Ben Lomond in Queenstown with two Couchsurfers

The peak capped with snow


Majestic...no?



Shai and Justin, the two Couchsurfers I climbed with at "The Saddle" AKA almost there

My turn

Finally at the peak




Te Anau 
What a beautiful day to hitch hike



In town with the greatest guy in New Zealand Des


Lake Te Anau

Mirror Lakes


The local wildlife



Wild watercress 

I made a trip to the glow worm caves, no photos were allowed, sorry everybody


The next day Des and I climbed Mt Luxmore, this was our site at the start of our trip in the early early morning

Scenes from the climb





The view from the summit of Mt Luxmore when you break through from the forest 




The Luxmore hut, first hut on the Kepler Track


Time for some caving












Time to go see Erin in San Francisco and drive to New York. 

No comments:

Post a Comment